Final Filing Date: Open Until Filled
About the Position
The part-time Program Coordinator position is primarily responsible for coordinating and marketing special events and a weekly lunch program at the Adult Community Center (ACC). This position will assist in the implementation of ACC Marketing strategies and assist with drop-in clubs and classes, as needed.
This position supervises volunteers and works closely with the Recreation Coordinator and Volunteer Program Coordinator. May provide functional supervision to a Recreation Leader I or II or Building Assistant as assigned. Receives general supervision from the Recreation Supervisor.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Works directly with the public.
· Plans, organizes, coordinates and directs specialized recreation programs as assigned.
· Coordinate Menu Planning and Shopping.
· Oversees the work of volunteers, Recreation Leaders I and II as assigned, to ensure effective programs.
· Responsible for Kitchen Safety Training of all kitchen workers.
· Responsible for program marketing.
· Responsible for overseeing equipment and maintenance records.
· Coordinate and schedule entertainment for Special Events.
· Responsible for design and maintenance of communication/marketing board displays and Public Service Announcements.
· Maintains effective working relationships with all levels of staff and with the public.
Job-Related and Essential Qualifications
Knowledge of City recreation programs and the pertinent policies effecting program implementation; principles and philosophies of recreation; principles and philosophies of working effectively with adults.
Ability and skills to organize people and activities; energetically perform job duties; comprehend and follow brief oral and written instructions; provide leadership to subordinates. Implement program plans; ability to function effectively without direct supervision. Establish, maintain and foster cooperative working relations with others contacted in the course of work. Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Skills in Adobe Illustrator and/or InDesign desirable.
· Knowledge of customer service techniques and procedures.
· Knowledge and principles of effective volunteer coordination.
· Facilitation, problem solving, conflict resolution and consensus building skills.
· Basic knowledge of the principles of safe food preparation techniques.
· Knowledge of operating kitchen appliances and tools safely.
· Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to act quickly and remain calm in difficult situations and emergencies.
· Ability to lift equipment and supplies up to 25 pounds.
· Ability to hear alarms, voice and telephones.
· Ability to travel to local destinations for events and meetings.
· Ability to multi-task to handle competing priorities and demands.
· Willingness and ability to work flexible hours and overtime.
Education and Training
Sufficient education and experience to satisfactorily perform the duties of this classification. A typical qualifying background would be graduation from high school and experience in recreation, special event planning, or volunteer coordination.
Speak clearly and understandably; ability and dexterity to run, jump and climb; lift and move equipment, such as tables and chairs; hear alarms, bells, voices and telephones; to reach equipment on shelves. Willingness and ability to work flexible part-time hours, including afternoons, evenings and weekends.
Licenses and Certifications
When driving on City business, maintenance of a California driver’s license and satisfactory driver’s record is required, in compliance with the City’s Vehicle Use Policy.
Ability to successfully complete Safe Serve Certification within three (3) months of hire.
Based on the application screening, those candidates with the most relevant qualifications will be invited to an oral interview, which may include a written exam and/or practical exam.
Appointment to this position is contingent upon:
*A pre-employment fingerprinting criminal history records check
*TB testing clearance
How to Apply
To apply online, click here.