The City of San Carlos has an opportunity for 2 Facility Attendant positions. This classification assists instructors/individuals who are using City facilities and performs semi-skilled tasks in the maintenance of City buildings.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED AND RECEIVED
Receives direct supervision from Recreation Supervisors/Coordinators/Administrative Clerks.
ESSENTIAL AND IMPORTANT DUTIES
- Assist instructors and individuals who are using City facilities.
- Set up and clean rooms. Move tables, chairs, and chalkboards. Provide equipment for activities such as chalk, pens, paper, tape, scissors, staplers, extension cords, trash and garbage bags, kitchen and restroom supplies, some use of copy machines.
- Supervise group activities to maintain order and safety at all times, both inside the building and outside in surrounding grounds.
- Enforce timely beginning and ending of activities.
- Handle basic first aid/medical problems.
- Submit work orders for maintenance or property problems to General Services.
- Fill out Accident Reports or Incident Reports.
- Handle routine facility problems such as bathroom clogs/overflows, beverage spills in the kitchen or activity rooms.
- Maintain a cheerful, helpful, positive attitude when helping the public. Perform custodial duties as assigned (sweep store room,
- Clean patios, clean sinks, clean refrigerator and stove, scrub messes).
- Decorate the building for holiday themes.
- Perform clerical duties such as calling the public with class information or schedule changes, collating papers, addressing envelopes, maintaining the mailing list for activity guides, inserting activity guide pages into desk binder.
- Register participants for activity classes using the department computer system.
- Open buildings and lock-up buildings, ensure lights and heat are off and doors and windows are locked.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB-RELATED AND ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge of basic facilities maintenance techniques and of working effectively with people.
Ability and skills to organize people and activities; energetically perform job duties; comprehend and follow brief oral and written instructions; assist willingly as needed. Implement program plans; work with minimal supervision. Establish, maintain and foster cooperative working relations with others contacted in the course of work.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Sufficient education and experience to satisfactorily perform the duties of this classification. A typical qualifying background would be graduation from high school, and prior building attendant work experience.
Speak clearly and understandably; ability and dexterity to run, jump and climb; lift and move equipment, such as tables and chairs; hear alarms, bells, voices and telephones; to reach. Willingness and ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
This position is not eligible for benefits
Final Filing Date: 07/31/2014
Interview Date: 08/20/2014
How to Apply
To apply online, click here.
Based on the application screening, those candidates with the most relevant qualifications will be invited to an oral interview, which may include a written exam and/or practical exam.
Appointment to this position is contingent upon:
*A pre-employment fingerprinting criminal history records check
*TB testing clearance
Do you prefer to work weekdays, 19 hour per week Monday thru Friday or weeknights, 19 hours per week Monday thru Thursday?