The City Clerk’s Department is responsible for the preservation of all official records for the City of San Carlos.
Available Records Online:
- Accounts Payable Cash Disbursements Journal
- Active Business Registrations
- Building Permits
- City Council and Commission Agendas, Minutes and Videos
- City Municipal Code
- Financial Reports and Documents
- Ordinances and Resolutions
Public Records Request Form
If you are unable to locate the records you're seeking, please submit a Public Records Request, either:
1. Through our online portal; or
2. Print out a Public Records Request form and submit it to the City Clerk's office via email,
fax (650) 595-6700 or mail to 600 Elm Street, San Carlos, CA 94070.
Enterprise System Catalog
Approved on October 11, 2015, Senate Bill 272 added a section to the California Public Records Act requiring local agencies to create a catalog of Enterprise Systems with annual updates. An Enterprise System is defined as software application or computer system that collects, stores, exchanges and analyzes information that the agency uses that is a multi-departmental system (or a system that contains information collected about the public) and a system that serves as an original source of data within an agency. To view the City of San Carlos’ Enterprise Systems Catalog, click here.
Please contact the County of San Mateo for information on the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Death Certificate
- Marriage License
- Fictitious Business Name