| |Sorry, this page has moved!
Please click here to go to the new location.
Council Member Matt Grocott
| || |
Council Member Information
Term of Office: November, 2009 - November, 2013
Profession: Business Owner
Phone: (650) 802-4163
Council member Grocott was born and raised in northeast Ohio. He attended public schools there until his sophomore year in high school, when he became a scholarship student at Western Reserve Academy in Hudson, Ohio. His college education included two years at the University of Florida, and Clemson University, respectively. Majoring in architecture, he earned a Bachelor of Science in Design.
A few years after moving to California, Council member Grocott located to San Carlos in 1987 and later bought his first home in 1995. He owns and operates Grocott Design - Home & Remodel, specializing in the design of residential remodels and additions. He is past president of the Golden Gate Chapter of the American Institute of Building Design, has served in numerous volunteer positions, including past Deacon Moderator at San Mateo's First Presbyterian Church, and as a Board Member of the Barnabas Counseling Center.
Councilmember Grocott was elected to the San Carlos City Council in 2001. He continues to strive for open government and ran on the platform of “Leadership that Listens.” In his spare time, he enjoys reading biographies and historical novels, cycling and supporting the wrestling program at Stanford University.
Council Committee Assignments
Each year, the Mayor assigns members of the City Council to serve on Citywide and Regional committees representing the City of San Carlos. Here are the committees that this Council Member serves on as a Committee Member and Alternate Committee Member.
Council Committee Member
• Airport Roundtable
• C/CAG Airport Land Use Committee
• C/CAG Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee
• CalTrain Electrification & California High Speed Rail
• City Parking Study (Council Ad Hoc Subcommittee)
• Council of Cities
• Grand Boulevard Task Force (Council Representative)
• Harbor Industrial Association
• League of California Cities
• San Mateo County Convention & Visitors Bureau
• Transportation and Circulation Commission (Council Liaison)
Alternate Council Committee Member
• Library Governing Board JPA
• Belmont San Carlos Fire Department (former fire service provider)
• Successor Agency Oversight Board