L.I.T.E - Leader In Training Education
Adventure Camp L.I.T.E. Program
"Leader In Training Education"
|Help the youth of San Carlos! San Carlos Parks & Recreation is looking for confident, enthusiastic and responsible teens to be leaders in training at one of our youth Summer Adventure Camps. If you enjoy working with children and will learn valuable job and leadership skills working side-by-side with our trained Summer Camp Recreation Leaders. || |
This is a great way to fulfill service hour requirements or learn great work experience. The following is a list of certain criteria a L.I.T.E. candidate must posses:
The following is a list of requirements for the training program:
- Ability to assist both the supervision of campers and the daily operations of the camp.
- Must be at least 13 years old by the first day of program.
- Must be able to commit to a full one-week camp (designated camp hours). If selected, you agree to sign a code of conduct form.
- You must provide your own transportation to and from the camp site.
- Weekly camp fee covers all costs of training, snacks, on-site supervision, and entrance fees to field trips.
- You will be required to attend a L.I.T.E. mandatory training session on Friday, June 17, 2016) from 9am-2pm at the Youth Center
- You will be required to pay a fee of $50 (Wee Woods) $75 (Burton & Arguello) per week to cover the costs of L.I.T.E. manual, mandatory training session, snacks, on-site supervision, leadership skills, evaluations and on-the-job training.
How to apply:
Interested applicants must complete a written application and the most qualified will be invited to interview for the available L.I.T.E. positions. Applications are available at the San Carlos Youth Center starting Monday, March 7 and must be filled out on-site by the candidate. (Application forms will not be available online as it must be filled out on-site by candidate). Deadline for application is Monday, April 4th. Interviews will be held the week of April 18. For additional information, please call 650-802-4471.