General Overview Map
1. Trailhead and Information station, parking and picnic area.
2. Climb to the meadows through oaks and madrones.
3. Left turn to the Sylvan Trail.
4. Trail levels out and dips into 3 small canyons.
5. High meadows, view of San Francisco watershed, sheep ranch fenceposts.
6. Ridgeview and Serpentine Trail crossroads. Wildflowers and grasses.
7. Edgewood Trail continues to Crystal Springs Trail under 280.
8. Deer country.
9. Bay Checkerspot Butterfly habitat. 0. View south to Santa Cruz mountains and Mt. Hamilton.
11. Hilltop Oak forest.
12. Old Volkswagen chassis in underbrush.
13. View north to San Francisco and Mt. Tamalpais.
14. Meadows, rocks and lizards.
15. Steep descent or ascent.
16. View east to San Francisco Bay and Mt. Diablo.
17. Headwaters of year-round spring. Many deer trails.
18. Cool canyon with stream and poison oak.
19. Sylvan Trail crosses spring-fed stream.
20. Palm tree growing in trail.