1. Foster greater involvement of youth in municipal government affairs.
2. Study problems, activities, and concerns of youth, especially as they relate to municipal programs or projects of the City of San Carlos.
3. Hold forums on problems, activities and concerns of youth, either alone or in conjunction with other governmental agencies and community organizations, as the Youth Advisory Council deems desirable.
4. Recommend the implementation of community programs which the Youth Advisory Council deems desirable.
5. Review those municipal matters referred to by the City Council or other City committees and, as appropriate, make recommendations on those matters.