The San Carlos Youth Center offers a wide variety of FREE activities for youth ages 10-17. In order to participate, youth must register by completing a Participant Registration Form and Rules Contract. Each participant is required to bring his/her membership card each time they visit the center. If a participant loses the membership card, the replacement fee is $5. Please pick up your copy of our monthly Activity Schedule from the front desk to check program activities and times.
Each program at the Youth Center addresses the 40 Developmental Assets Kids Need to Succeed. We offer a safe and secure environment that is open 5 days a week, Monday-Friday, 9:00am-6:00pm. Our Out-of-School Drop-In program is Monday-Friday after school hours.
- We foster human development by mentoring and enriching our participant's lives by broadening life experiences and encouraging positive risk-taking.
- We promote health and wellness through our award-winning nutrition and physical activities programs and our partnerships with Sequoia Hospital, Positive Coaching Alliance, California Parks & Recreation Society, National Recreation & Parks Association, and other organizations.
- We increase cultural unity by educating our youth on the arts, other cultures, peace and conflict resolution skills training, and interacting with others.
- We facilitate community problem solving by partnering with the San Carlos Police Bureau and San Carlos School District. Being proactive in youth issues keeps San Carlos out of the "danger zone" of gang-related issues and juvenile delinquency.
- We teach our children about the important of protecting natural resources and the environment through our recycle, reuse program, parks clean-up activities, and our organic garden.
- And, of course, we provide many, many recreational opportunities for our participants and their families.
The Youth Center teaches caring for others with "COOL." "Choosing Outstanding Opportunities for Learning"
It's cool to volunteer! It's cool to give of yourself!
Positive values are important in the growth of our young people. When a young person helps others, promotes equality, reduces poverty and hunger takes personal responsibility, they feel empowered, better about themselves, and more able to make wise decisions and positive choices. The Youth Center Staff has created a program called "COOL" to teach our youth about volunteering and giving. Thoughout the year, the youth will be given choices to volunteer their time for the betterment of all. For more information, call the Youth Center.
It takes only a few minutes to become a Youth Center participant! There are two easy ways to join. You can come into the Youth Center during our hours of operations and fill out a registration form in person or download our online registration form, fill it out at home, and bring it in to us when you are ready!
Please visit the Youth Center facilities located on 1001 Chestnut Street, Burton Park.