Engineering Division/Engineering & Permits
Public Works is responsible for the overall management and direction of Engineering and Maintenance Services within the City.
The Engineering Division is responsible for the design, preparation of plans, construction documents, construction inspection, and contract administration of the City’s Capital Improvement Program. Staff actively seeks out and secures outside funding for any eligible project to supplement City sources of funds. Other responsibilities include the following:
- Review, issue permits and perform construction inspection of subdivision improvements built in the City right of way.
- Review and approve grading plans and perform grading inspections of all developments.
- Review, issue permits and perform construction inspection of all utility company work within the City right of way.
- Review and issue permits for minor encroachments within the City right of way.
- Investigating, analyzing and recommending improvements related to traffic safety.
- Providing staff support and liaison to the City Transportation & Circulation Commission.
- Ensuring that Bicycles, pedestrians and other modes of transportation are given equal treatment within the City’s transportation network.
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
Capital Project Construction Update
Standard Specs & Details
Qualified Contractor List
To be placed on Qualified Contractor List (QCL) email firstname.lastname@example.org. At the minimum include:
- Company Name
- Contact Person
- Phone Number
- Fax Number
- Email Address
- Contractor State License Number and Type
- Type of Construction (concrete, plumbing, general engineering, etc.)