City of San Carlos - Reporting Street Light Problems
Sorry, this page has moved!
Please click here to go to the new location.


How to Report Street Light Outages and Problems

Home > ... > Streets & Traffic > Reporting Street Light Problems

Here's a guide for San Carlos residents on how to report street light outages or any traffic signal issues so repairs can be addressed as quickly as possible.

The City contracts with Cal-West to handle City traffic signal and street light problems.  Any resident can reach them directly at 1-408-923-1313 to report the problem.  You may also call the Public Works Department, Maintenance Division at (650) 802-4140.  Repairs are generally completed within 5 to 7 business days, unless it's a traffic signal light issue which requires immediate attention. 

When calling in to report "street lights" with flickering/burned out bulbs or lights burning during the daytime, which are referred to as a “dayburner," street lamp poles typically have pole numbers that consist of 4 to 5 digits.  They are located approximately at eye level or about 10 feet up on the pole.  It would be extremely helpful if residents can note the following information when calling it in:

  • Pole Number
  • Street address
  • Nearest cross street
  • Original caller's name and phone number, if possible

Sample photos below are provided for easy identification.