San Carlos Planning Division
Customer Service Hours
Our public counter and telephone hours are from
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
To schedule an appointment outside these hours, please call 650-802-4263 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Planning Division of the Community Development Department is responsible for three key functions: Advance Planning, Current Planning, and Land Use Regulation. These functions can be generally described as follows:
- Advanced Planning includes the preparation of all general and specific area plans and amendments.
- Current Planning involves carrying out the City's General Plan by reviewing proposals that affect the General Plan or initiating proposals to carry out the plan.
- Land Use Regulation involves the administration of the Zoning Ordinance and subdivision regulations. These rules are developed and administered to preserve existing land use standards and are applied to projects that are generally initiated by property owners.
- City of San Carlos Zoning Map - this map identifies the zoning districts within the City.
- City of San Carlos General Plan Map - this map identifies the land use categories in the city of San Carlos.
Zoning Information and Zoning Map
Lot Splits and Subdivisions
Single-family House (size) Study