Caltrain Parking Lot Improvement Project
Status of Project:
January 2016 SamTrans will begin site clearance work, including tree removal. Project construction will begin in September 2016 with completion estimated for February 2017.Construction hours
: 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through FridayDescription of Project:
- Increase parking from 201 spaces to 256 spaces and provide 23 short-term public spaces.
- Parking lot available for public use in the evenings.
- Increase shuttle capacity from one to three dedicated spaces.
- Increase bus capacity from two to six dedicated spaces.
- Provide a new bus/shuttle layover area.
- Provide a dedicated taxi waiting area.
- Include a new kiss-and-ride drop-off/pick-up area.
- Provide a new bike/vehicle access from San Carlos Avenue.
- Construct a new vehicle entrance from Cherry Street.
- Install a new signalized intersection at Cherry Street.
- Enhanced landscaping and new entry signs.
Overview of Project -Click to view the Presentation to Planning Commission dated January 19, 2016 (1.25MB pdf )
For more information, visit the project web site at www.samtrans.com/SCTC