San Carlos Transit Village - Entitlements Required
The project will require review and approval by the Planning Commission and the City Council. Prior to Planning Commission and Council review, the project will be presented for review to the Transportation and Circulation Commission and the Economic Development Advisory Commission.
Project entitlement process time is anticipated to take up to 12 months.
- Environmental Review
- Rezoning from MU-SA and MU-SB to PD, to implement Section 4.920 of Resolution 2003-79 to the West Side Specific Plan, and Resolution 2009-78 adopting the 2030 General Plan, and Ordinance 1438 adopting the Zoning Ordinance
- Approval of PD Plan and Development Standards
- Conditional Use Permit (CUP) for residential use on ground floor and any proposed commercial use requiring a use permit
- Below Market Rate Housing Plan
- Transportation Demand Management Plan
- Development Agreement (if the project is to be built in phases)
- Design Review for the new buildings
- Grading/Dirt Haul Certificate
- Tentative Map / Lot Line Adjustment
- Review and approval by the Planning Commission and City Council
- Tree removal permit
- Encroachment permit
- Building Permit, including approval of a site-specific Water Quality Management Plan
The Environmental Impact Report (EIR) process is anticipated to conclude in late Winter of 2009. Project design will continue to be refined during that time. The City has interviewed and selected PBS&J as the EIR (Environmental Impact Report) consultant, and the contract has been approved by the City Council in January 2008 for the analysis work to begin. Please go to our FAQ Section to find out more about the EIR process.
Notice of Preparation (sent out March 12, 2008)
Click here to view the Notice of Preparation (NOP). This document is required by State CEQA Guidelines to be sent to every federal agency involved in approving or funding the project and to each trustee agency responsible for natural resources affected by the project. The NOP provides a description of the project, probable environmental effects of the project, and the project location.
Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR)
This document is addresses the potential environmental effects of the San Carlos Transit Village project (proposed project).
Appendices to the Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR)
Notice of Availablity of the Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) for the proposed San Carlos Transit Village Project. Click here to view the Notice of Availablity
(NOA). Please see the FAQ section on more information.
The review period for the Draft EIR is from December 16, 2009 to February 2, 2010, (the City is extending the required 45 day review period to 47 days in consideration of the holiday period). During this period comments may be submitted to the San Carlos Planning Department at the address given below, either in writing or by email, or comments may be made during a Planning Commission public hearing on February 1, 2010 at 7 p.m. in the Council Chambers in City Hall located on 600 Elm Street, San Carlos, California.