Wheeler Plaza Development Project
To receive regular project updates, visit www.wheelerplaza.com or call (650) 394-5214. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Status of Project
As we prepare for the construction of the Wheeler Plaza project, we want to update you on some important items, particularly downtown parking options.
• We are excited to announce that the temporary valet-assisted parking lot on the former Foodville site at 616 Laurel Street is now open and staffed by an attendant. Parking in this lot is FREE for 3 hours and includes handicapped and motorcycle parking. The lot is accessible from the driveway on Laurel Street.
• Free attended 3 hour public parking is also available on the top level of the SamTrans building, accessible form Walnut Street just north of San Carlos Avenue.
• All other public parking lots will remain open during construction.
• Street parking along the east side of Walnut Street will be closed for the duration of construction for safety reasons and to accommodate the construction trailer. The sidewalk will also be closed for safety reasons.
• The existing Wheeler Plaza parking lot will be fenced and closed for construction commencing April 11, 2017. Ingress and egress to the temporary valet-assisted lot at 616 Laurel will be accessible from Laurel and Cherry Streets.
• This first phase of construction will involve grading with truck and equipment activity. For your safety, please use caution and follow traffic signs around the site.
Construction Hours: 8:00am -6:00pm Monday through Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm on Saturdays and Sunday (No work on holidays).
Description of Project
The Wheeler Plaza Development project consists of 2.65 acres at San Carlos Avenue, Walnut Street and Laurel Street. The City Council approved the development at its June 8, 2015 meeting.
109 new condominium housing units with 196 below-grade parking spaces and open-space amenities.
two-level public parking structure with 252 public parking spaces resulting in an increase of 65 public parking spaces.
10,000 square feet of new commercial space along San Carlos Avenue.
Public access through the site connecting Walnut Street to Laurel Street and Cherry Street to San Carlos Avenue.
Construction Notice - Utility Undergrounding, Abatement & Demolition Notice (72.9kb PDF )
Wheeler Plaza Parking and Construction Update (1.9MB PDF )
Click here to watch: City Hall In Focus: Wheeler Plaza - An Introduction
Click here to watch: City Hall In Focus: Wheeler Plaza - Preparing for Construction
Project Plans approved on April 14, 2015 (11.17MB PDF )
Grading and Dirt Haul Certificate approved on April 14, 2015 (147.8kb PDF )
Design Review Certificate approved on April 14, 2015 (377.6kb PDF )
Tentative Map Certificate approved on April 14, 2015 (98.4kb PDF )
Resolution Certifying Final EIR approved on October 8, 2012 (4.33Mb PDF )
Resolution Approving Disposition and Development Agreement approved on June 8, 2015 (750.kb PDF )
Resolution Adopting Planned Development Zoning approved on June 8, 2015 (5.16Mb PDF )
Please contact the Project Planner for further information or to view additional project documents.
Stay Informed - Subscribe to Wheeler Plaza Redevelopment Updates via eNotify
To subscribe to Wheeler Plaza Updates and have them emailed directly to you, you will need to join the City's eNotify service. Click on the link below to start your subscription - or to update a current subscription. Once enrolled in the eNotify service, you can choose to have Agendas and Minutes from the City Council and over 40 other documents and program updates emailed to you.