Resources for Donating to Fire Victims
Fire Relief and Donation Resources
As multiple fires continue to devastate California, many in our community have asked how they can help those affected.
If you’d like to assist victims from the fires, consider donating through the organizations below:
• The California Community Foundation’s Wildfire Relief Fund supports intermediate and long-term recovery efforts for major California wildfires, as well as preparedness efforts.
• The Red Cross is providing both shelter and emotional support for evacuees. Visit www.RedCross.org, or text REDCROSS to 90999 to make an automatic $10 donation.
• The Salvation Army is providing meals in local churches, fairgrounds and a community college to those affected by the wildfires.
• For the Woolsey and Hill Fire in Malibu / Ventura, a list of ways to support can be found on ABC7's Site.
• For the Camp Fire in Paradise / Chico a list of ways to support are listed on the Action News Now Donate page.
• A fund was also set up by the Butte County Sheriff Posse for 47 Butte County deputies who lost their homes, vehicles and belongings in the Camp Fire, visit a Mighty Cause.