San Carlos, CA

Host a Block Party

Residents are encouraged to hold Block Parties as a way to get to know their neighbors. The process to obtain a permit in order to close the street is simple and there is no fee. All you need to do is:

  1. Read the Block Party Permit Guidelines.
  2. Have your neighbors sign the Petition for Residential Block Party.
  3. Fill out the Block Party Permit Application.
Mail or drop off the signed petition, application and a site map to the Parks & Recreation Department, located at City Hall, 600 Elm Street, 2nd Floor, San Carlos.  Applicants are encouraged to submit their paperwork a minimum of 30 days in advance of the event.  Please note that not all streets in San Carlos are eligible to hold a Block Party, especially those considered "collector streets."  Barricades are required and can be rented through local vendors.

Apply online - Submission should include all required documents:

Sign Up For E-NEWS