Planning and Transportation Commission
The Planning and Transportation Commission is comprised by five members appointed by the City Council. The Planning and Transportation Commission takes on a number of duties, including:
- Preparing and making recommendations on the General Plan for future development.
- Initiating and conducting necessary public hearings to administer the planning laws and policies of the City.
- Receiving and acting upon applications for zoning amendments, conditional use permits, variances, subdivisions, and other related functions specified in State Code or our Municipal Code.
- Making recommendations regarding land use and improving traffic and circulation conditions.
- Reviewing proposed development projects, matters having to do with traffic and circulation - including pedestrian and bicycling matters, and preliminary plans for all capital improvement programs related to modes of transportation.
The Planning and Transportation Commission meets the first and third Mondays of the month at 7 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers, 600 Elm St., San Carlos.