Boards and Commissions
Planning and Transportation Commission
Residential Design Review Committee
To explore more information about the large-scale projects that are proposed or being constructed in San Carlos, click below.
View Development Projects
New Homes and Additions
Are you thinking about adding on to your house or building a new house or an accessory dwelling unit? Click here:
- Building a New Home/Home Additions
- Building an Accessory Dwelling Unit
- Building a Senate Bill 9 (SB 9) Unit
Northeast Area Development Moratorium
The City Council has established a development moratorium for the Northeast Area which is in effect until April 2024.
Learn more about the moratorium
Learn more about the submittal process for planning applications at the link below.
Plans and Standards
The City uses short-term and long-range plans to guide development and growth. Click here to learn about the plans and standards that are:
- Currently being created, such as the Downtown Specific Plan, the Northeast Area Specific Plan, and the Objective Design Standards.
- Adopted, such as the General Plan, East Side Innovation District Plan, and others.
Are you interested in removing or pruning a tree in your yard? The City is committed to the preservation and growth of a healthy, diverse tree canopy throughout our community. To remove or prune a protected tree, a Tree Removal Permit is required.
Tree Removal Permit
The City of San Carlos maintains this Interactive Zoning Map which provides site-specific information for any property. The information includes:
- Allowable land uses
- Standards for development
- Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN)
- Parcel size
- Owner name and address on file with the San Mateo County Assessor’s Office
We recommend that you use Google Chrome as your browser with the Interactive Zoning Map for best results.