Recreation Fee Assistance Program
The Fee Assistance Program, funded in partnership with the Parks and Recreation Foundation of San Carlos, is available to help San Carlos residents participate in our Parks and Recreation classes and programs.
Who can apply?
Qualifying San Carlos residents
Qualifying students enrolled in a San Carlos-based school
Adults (18 years and older) up to 75% of registration fee
Youth (under 18 years of age) up to 85% of registration fee
Does not apply to class materials fees
Calendar Year Maximums:
$1,200 per individual
How to Apply:
- Fill out application below. Applicants will be notified within two weeks if fee assistance has been awarded.
- Show proof as either a resident of San Carlos (utility bill or identification card) or student enrolled in a San Carlos-based school
- Verification of enrollment in one of the following programs:
- Proof of child on the San Carlos School District (or San Carlos-based school) Free and Reduced Lunch Program
- Proof of family qualifying for utility low income program (i.e., PG&E CARE or FERA)
- If unemployed, copy of unemployment verification
- Copy of eligibility letter from State or Federal or County assistance program such as Medi-Cal, CalFresh, SNAP
- If applying for a foster child, copy of letter from San Mateo County, Children and Family Services
- Upon approval, applicants must complete a Class Registration form and pay for the balance due above the amount covered by the fee assistance program.
The Fee Assistance Program, sponsored in partnership by us and the Parks & Recreation Foundation of San Carlos, is available only to qualifying San Carlos residents or students enrolled in a San Carlos-based school to participate in classes and programs offered through the San Carlos Parks and Recreation Department. Funds are contingent upon availability; are issued on a first come first serve basis; are for registration fees only; and do not include funds for supplies or other costs. Please read carefully the guidelines and requirements set forth herein for eligibility and qualification.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Submitting the application does not confirm enrollment or guarantee scholarship.
Fund allocation allowance cannot be rolled over to the following year. Must be used within the same calendar year. Fund allowance per individual is non-transferable.
Applicant is required to update fee assistance information if changes occur in financial and/or family status.