Public Works Permits
To ensure efficient handling and response, all permit applications must be submitted with:
- Verification of Contractor's San Carlos Business License.
- Contractor's Certificate of Insurance, with City of San Carlos additionally insured.
- Valuation of work (contractor's bid, engineer's estimate, etc.).
- Detailed project plans.
- Traffic control plan, if needed.
View the Fee Schedule
Any person wishing to encroach into the public right-of-way or public utility easement must first apply for and receive a Public Works Encroachment Permit.
Learn more about Encroachment Permits
- Civic Center Parking Permit
- Downtown Employee Parking Permit
- GESC Parking Permits (residential and business)
- Holly Street Parking Restriction Exemption
A Public Works Transportation Permit Application is needed for any person wanting to:
- Operate a commercial vehicle exceeding 3 tons on any city street.
- Haul along a restricted street within the city.
Apply for a permit online with the Transportation Permit application or contact the Public Works Department.
Utility companies wishing to encroach into the City’s right-of-way must submit a Public Works Utility Permit application. The completed application, including plans and a certificate of insurance can be submitted: 1) in person at the Public Works Engineering Division at City Hall; or 2) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Works Utility Permit Application
Schedule a Public Works Inspection
Need an inspection? Complete the Public Works Inspection Form.