Seasonal or Specialized businesses include carnivals, circuses, rodeos, outdoor shows, Christmas tree sales and pumpkin patches, parking lots, public dancehalls, temporary street vendors, and solicitors.
The fee for a Seasonal and Specialized business registration is $921 per calendar year.
Solicitors are required to obtain a solicitor’s permit through the San Carlos Police Department and apply for a Livescan criminal history background check through the San Mateo County Sheriff’s office.
- Complete the Business Registration Application (in-town)
- Bring the application and fees in person to the Finance Counter at City Hall
- For Solicitors only:
- Apply for a Solicitor’s Permit from the San Carlos Police Department
- Obtain a Live Scan criminal background check from the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
- Contact the San Carlos City Clerk to comply with our “Do Not Knock” registry