Climate Action Plan: Our Guide to Protecting the Environment
San Carlos Climate Action Plan
We adopted our first Climate Action Plan (CAP) Oct. 12, 2009. This plan helps improve the health of the local and global environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions. The current goals for the CAP are a 15-percent reduction of emission levels by 2020 and a 35-percent reduction by 2030. Those targets are based on 2005 emission levels. We plan to update the CAP in 2020.
Implementation Measures in the Plan
The CAP includes 23 measures to reduce negative impact on the climate. They range from transportation and solid waste management to energy and land use. These measures guide our efforts to reduce greenhouse gases and reach the long-term goals. We regularly inform the City Council about progress. We also update and revise the CAP periodically to make sure it remains useful and effective.
Read the Climate Action Plan
The following links allow you to explore and review the entire CAP for the City of San Carlos.
- Climate Action Plan - Cover
- Climate Action Plan - Executive Summary
- Climate Action Plan - Climate Action Plan Body
- Appendix A - Initial Cost Calculations
- Appendix B - GHG Reductions Analysis
- Appendix C - Baseline GHG Inventory
- Appendix D - Reduction Measure Selection Process
- Appendix E - Cover Sheet
- Appendix E - Greenhouse Gas Emissions Report
- Adopted Resolution 2009-080 with Exhibit