How to Apply for a Solar Permit
- Fill out a permit application form.
- Submit the permit application by:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with an 11-by-17-inch PDF set of the plans.
- Or, visit the Building Division service counter, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - noon.
How Long It Will Take to Get a Solar Permit?
Plan review turnaround is typically one to three business days.
Cost for a Solar Permit
Fees are charged upon permit issuance.
- Residential PV Solar Fee: $212.36.
- Commercial PV Solar Fee: $305.00.
Additional Information and Helpful Links
- California Solar Permitting Guidebook
- Checklist for Expedited Solar Permitting
- Solar Permitting Submittal Requirements
- Standard Plan: Microinverter System
- Standard Plan: Central String Inverter
- Structural Criteria
Please contact the Building Division, at (650) 802-4261, or email@example.com, if you have questions.