Given the present situation surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak, the City of San Carlos wants to keep our workers, employers, families, and community members safe. We understand COVID-19 is causing financial strain for businesses in town and the City of San Carlos will continue to work closely with our partner agencies to gather information on resources as they become available to help navigate this difficult situation.
Governor Newsom has declared a State of Emergency for California due to COVID-19 concerns. Similarly, San Mateo County declared a State of Local Emergency. On this page you will find a list of resources available to small businesses and workers in the City. While the City of San Carlos does not offer small business loans or grants we are available to be a conduit for information and assistance wherever we can. The City is currently exploring opportunities to offer additional local resources.
News and Updates
- 4/06/2020: SAMCEDA COVID-19 Business Continuity Action Plan 2.0 Released
- 3/31/2020: San Mateo County Health Department Extends Shelter-In-Place Order to May 3rd, With New Requirements for Essential Businesses Remaining in Operation
- 3/24/2020: San Mateo County Board of Supervisors Approve Emergency Resolution Establishing a Temporary Countywide Moratorium on Evictions for Non-Payment for Residential Tenants Impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 3/24/2020: San Mateo County Board of Supervisors Launches San Mateo County Strong Fund
- 3/17/2020: CPUC Halts Disconnections of Utilities During COVID-19
- 3/16/2020: San Mateo County Health Officer Orders Shelter in Place
- 3/16/2020: SBA Loans become officially available to San Mateo County applicants.
- 3/16/2020: Governor Newsom Issues Executive Order to Protect Renters and Homeowners During COVID-19 Pandemic
- 3/12/2020: Governor Newsom Orders that the requirement for a one-week waiting period before the ability to file for unemployment/disability benefits be waived.
San Mateo County Human Service Agency Emergency Safety Net Assistance
Emergency safety net services are available for residents of San Mateo County in need of food, emergency housing assistance, emergency utility assistance, shelter, and other basic needs during COVID-19. Learn more at San Mateo County Emergency Safety Net Assistance.
Community Foundation of San Carlos COVID-19 Response Fund
In collaboration with the City of San Carlos, the Community Foundation of San Carlos has established The San Carlos COVID-19 Response Fund to assist those most affected. You can find more information on who this money will help and how to donate at Community Foundation of San Carlos.
San Mateo County Economic Development Association (SAMCEDA)
SAMCEDA is closely monitoring the situation and will regularly update the information and links to resources on their SAMCEDA website and social media platforms.
Governor's Office of Business, Office of Small Business Advocate (OSBA)
Resources for small businesses are available through OSBA, which has a network of small business centers throughout the state to offer consulting and training and access to capital. Local centers and specialists are available to talk to directly.
- Contact information for Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development
- Business Resources - 2019 Edition
The California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
The California Labor and Workforce Development Agency has guidance information for both workers and employers including support services for workers, interim guidance for protecting health care workers, and interim guidelines for protecting workers in general industry.
City of San Carlos Economic Development
Economic Development and Housing Manager
Economic Development Coordinator
CA Governor's Office of Emergency Services
Abigail L. Browning
Chief, Office of Private Sector/NGO Coordination
CA Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development
Director, Office of the Small Business Advocate
Small Business Administration (SBA) Disaster Assistance Center