Any person wishing to encroach into the public right-of-way or public utility easement must first apply for and receive a Public Works Encroachment Permit
- Sidewalk or driveway approach
- Sewer lateral
- Debris box in street
- Parking restriction
- Traffic control
- Monitoring well or bore
- Public improvement
Important Permit Links
- Encroachment Permit Application
- Encroachment Permit Conditions of Approval
- Insurance Requirements for Encroachment Permits
- Credit Card Authorization Form
- Sanitary Sewer Video Inspection Requirements
- Standard Specifications and Details
- Special Projects Worksheet
- Small Project Reporting Sheet
- Stormwater Review Process
- C.3 and C.6 Reporting Sheet
Submitting Permit Applications
To ensure efficient handling and response, all permit applications must be submitted with:
- Verification of Contractor's San Carlos Business License.
- Contractor's Certificate of Insurance, with City of San Carlos additionally insured.
- Valuation of work (contractor's bid, engineer's estimate, etc.).
- Detailed project plans.
- Traffic control plan, if needed.
Grading and hauling will not be allowed during the rainy season, from October through April, unless an exception is approved by the City Engineer.