Any person wishing to encroach into the public right-of-way or public utility easement must first apply for and receive a Public Works Encroachment Permit. Questions regarding encroachment permits can be directed to the Public Works Department at (650) 802-4200 or email@example.com.
- Sidewalk or driveway approach.
- Sewer lateral.
- Debris box in street.
- Parking restriction.
- Traffic control.
- Monitoring well or bore.
- Public improvement.
Important Permit Links
- Encroachment Permit Application.
- Encroachment Permit Conditions of Approval.
- Insurance Requirements for Encroachment Permits.
- Credit Card Authorization Form.
- Sanitary Sewer Video Inspection Requirements.
- Standard Specifications and Details.
- Special Projects Worksheet.
- Small Project Reporting Sheet.
- Stormwater Review Process.
- C.3 and C.6 Reporting Sheet.
Submitting Permit Applications
Submit encroachment permit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit in person at the Public Works Counter in City Hall. To ensure efficient handling and response, all permit applications must be submitted with:
- Verification of Contractor's San Carlos Business License.
- Contractor's Certificate of Insurance, with City of San Carlos additionally insured.
- Valuation of work (contractor's bid, engineer's estimate, etc.).
- Detailed project plans.
- Traffic control plan, if needed.
Grading and hauling will not be allowed during the rainy season, from October through April, unless an exception is approved by the City Engineer.