City of San Carlos responds to risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19).  Click here for up to date information and resources. 

Report an Issue

Would you like to report an issue to the Public Works Department?  

Emergency Requests

Emergency requests, such as a sewer backup or a flood emergency, can be reported to the below phone numbers. Choose the number that aligns to the time of day when you discover the emergency. 

  • (650) 802-4140 to reach Public Works between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
  • (650) 802-4321 to reach police dispatch after business hours, on weekends and holidays when City Hall is closed.

A Public Works crew will be sent out as soon as possible in response to your emergency.

Non-Emergency Requests

Inform San Carlos is the City's online reporting application. Report issues such as potholes, street sweeping problems, and lighting malfunctions or make a public records request. We respond to requests made through this application quickly and efficiently, and you'll be notified the second they are resolved. New requests are automatically sent to the responsible staff, who will respond Monday-Friday between 8 a.m.  and 5 p.m.