DescriptionThe City of San Carlos wants to build a transportation system that provides more options to walk and bike, whether it's to go to school, commute to work, access the regional trail system or run everyday errands. The City is kicking off the Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan process to identify and prioritize new bikeways, walkways, trails and pedestrian enhancements throughout San Carlos.
As part of this process, we want to hear from residents of and visitors to San Carlos. Where do you currently walk and bike around San Carlos? Where can the City prioritize improvements to walking and biking?
Provide your input as part of the interactive survey or visit us at an upcoming meeting or event. Check below for the schedule of upcoming meetings.
As part of this plan, we want to learn more about where residents and visitors would like to walk and bike and what destinations you think should be connected. Please provide your input on the Bike and Pedestrian Master Plan Survey.
Want to share your feedback on walking and biking conditions in San Carlos? Want to talk about barriers or challenges to walking and biking? Drop by the open house at any time during the event to provide your input. A brief presentation will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019
6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
San Carlos Library, 2nd Floor Conference Room
610 Elm St.
The Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan process includes several phases of work, including:
• Fall 2018: Gather data about existing conditions for people walking and biking and review past studies and plans.
• Winter 2018/2019: Conduct a needs analysis that addresses the safety and comfort of the bicycle and pedestrian network and identifies where people want to walk and bike.
• Spring 2019: Identify potential policies, new infrastructure improvements and programs (like safe routes to school) that can help make biking and walking more comfortable for San Carlos’ residents and visitors.
• Summer 2019: Prioritize proposed improvements and develop a strategy to implement the plan, including grant funding opportunities for projects and programs, and other things the City can do.
• Public outreach will be ongoing throughout the project, including both participation in other City events and workshops held to gather input on key products.
DocumentsAs sections of the Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan and related documents are completed, they will be uploaded here for community members to review and provide feedback. Please check back regularly for updates.