DescriptionThe City of San Carlos wants to build a transportation system that provides more options to walk and bike, whether it's to go to school, commute to work, access the regional trail system or run everyday errands. The City is kicking off the Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan process to identify and prioritize new bikeways, walkways, trails and pedestrian enhancements throughout San Carlos.
Currently, we are using the feedback given at our outreach events to produce draft recommendations for pedestrian and bicycle network improvements. These draft recommendations will be shown during the next round of outreach events. Please check back regularly for updates.
We want to learn more about where residents and visitors would like to walk and bike and what destinations you think should be connected.
Please provide your input on the Bike and Pedestrian Master Plan Survey. Survey open through March 15, 2019.
There are no upcoming workshops scheduled at this time. Please check back in the Summer for future workshops dates.
The Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan process includes several phases of work, including:
• Fall 2018: Gather data about existing conditions for people walking and biking and review past studies and plans.
• Winter 2018/2019: Conduct a needs analysis that addresses the safety and comfort of the bicycle and pedestrian network and identifies where people want to walk and bike.
• Spring/Summer 2019: Identify potential policies, new infrastructure improvements and programs (like safe routes to school) that can help make biking and walking more comfortable for San Carlos’ residents and visitors.
• Fall 2019: Prioritize proposed improvements and develop a strategy to implement the plan, including grant funding opportunities for projects and programs, and other things the City can do.
• Public outreach will be ongoing throughout the project, including both participation in other City events and workshops held to gather input on key products.
DocumentsAs sections of the Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan and related documents are completed, they will be uploaded here for community members to review and provide feedback. Please check back regularly for updates.